Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Day in the Zone

A few people have asked me what types of food I eat, so I decided to take pictures of all my meals and post them on here. Be prepared for a lot of pictures.

Breakfast (4 Blocks)


1 oz Canadian Bacon
2 Mini Bell Peppers
Handful of Mushrooms
1/4 Onion
Handful of Spinach 

I sauté all of the above with a little bit of olive oil in a large pan.



After everything is cooked, add...
3 eggs
1/4 cup Black Beans (I add these when the eggs are almost done)
When done, add...
1/2 cup Salsa
1/2 Avocado


Finished Product

Lunch (4 Blocks)



Handful of Spinach
Handful of Lettuce
2 Mini Bell Peppers
Handful of Mushrooms
1/4 cup Black Beans
4 oz can of Tuna 
Little bit of Blue Cheese
1/2 Avocado
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and Balsamic Dressing


Finished Product

Afternoon Snack (2 Blocks)

Zone Bar

Dinner (4 Blocks)



Almonds chopped up in food processor (or you can buy almond meal)
1 beaten egg
Chicken tenders seasoned with salt and pepper
Dip chicken in egg and coat with almonds
Sauté chicken in olive oil in large pan



Steam broccoli and cauliflower (1 block carb)



Add 3/4 cup spaghetti saucce (3 blocks carb) on top of 4 oz of Chicken and Broccoli/Cauliflower 
Add 1/4 Avocado


Finished Product

After Dinner Snack (2 Blocks)

Zone Milkshake by Katie 
2 cups of Milk
12 Almonds
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Vanilla Extract 
Stevia to sweeten
Ice

Blend it up and enjoy!

Summary

As you can see I eat a lot of fat. I don't always measure out the amounts simply because it is tedious to measure olive oil, avocado, salad dressing, blue cheese, etc. I just try to eat a good amount of fat at each meal. In a perfect world I would eat 3x fat because I was getting to skinny when I was on 2x fat and measuring everything. Now I just eat a lot of fat.  I keep the protein/carbohydrate ratios as close as possible at every meal. I hope this helps.

Zone Challenge: 43




1 comment:

Jenna said...

Looks good Luke!