Thursday, May 21, 2009

Death by Pushup


I had my fitness assessment yesterday at work. It was a waste of time as usual. Here is how it went. First thing they did was measure body fat, 7.4% (the only useful tid bit of info). This is up from last time when it was 5.5% on February 24th.  After the last reading, I started eating a lot more fat (around 4x) hoping to pack on some pounds. Second thing they did was put a heart rate monitor on me and they had me start walking on a treadmill. Long story short is that they put you through a circuit of 8-9 exercises and look at your heart rate at the end of each exercise. They compare this to the last time I performed the same circuit. The problem is that they don't record how many reps you perform, so my heart rate may be lower/higher only because I did fewer/more reps. I see this as bad science.

WOD

Death by Pushup

19 Rounds + 17

Then lots of stretching.

2 comments:

CJ said...

you know what's really interesting about those tests (besides how flawed and pointless they are)...

is the recovery times of crossfitters. I did a test like this 8 months ago and while my heartrate wasn't the lowest during the exercise, my heart went back to normal levels almost 8x quicker than everyone else.

Katie said...

Babe you need to update your Grace.