Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Tabata Something Else"


Nene is ready to go!

Went to the 6am WOD and the house was full. It's great to see everyone's enthusiasm and intensity at such an early hour. The sunrise this morning was one of the best I have seen in a long time. I wish I had my camera this morning to capture the moment. 

WOD
"Tabata Something Else"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Results
Pullups
10-10-10-10-8-8-8-10 = 74
Pushups
12-13-13-13-10-10-9-9 = 89
Situps
14-13-13-13-12-12-12-12 = 101
Squats
18-18-18-18-18-18-18-22 = 148

Total = 412

Day 2 of the Zone!
As Rxd except for dinner. I'm at work today and we ate out. I had a Southwest Chicken Cobb salad. It had chicken, avocado, cheese, corn, black beans, tomato, and lettuce. Obviously I didn't bust out the scale at Anacapa Brewing Company, so I'm unsure of the proportions. I feel that the foods I ate were within the Paleo standards and Zone proportions.  No point for today, but another successful day with the Zone.

Update 1/7/2009
I decided I'm going to count yesterday as a point for the zone challenge. Although I didn't measure the food that I was served at a restaurant, I ate zone foods and it was damn close to the correct zone proportions. The hole point of this is to improve diet and in turn improve fitness/wellness, and in the end I feel I accomplished this. At least I didn't order a burger and fries like I normally do!

Zone Challenge: 2

3 comments:

CJ said...

Bummer dude, your comments got hacked by Nike!

Faith said...

Hey Luke! I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that even though you couldn't measure to the exact weight, if you're familiar with good measurements and are used to eyeballing then you could be fine for the Zone challenge today. One of the big benefits of Zone is that it's fine to eat out if you stay in proportions.

We can check what counts later, but hope you get the point =)

Luke said...

Yea, what's up with the Nike comments! That sucks.